The NARI Advantage
The NARI Advantage – REMODELING DONE RIGHT™
The National Association of the Remodeling Industry, or NARI, is the voice of the remodeling industry; a channel for business development, a platform for advocacy and the principal source for industry intelligence. NARI connects homeowners with its professional members, providing information and tips so that the consumer has a positive remodeling experience.
The Value of NARI
Membership in the National Association of the Remodeling Industry is an investment in your company’s success. NARI is the only professional trade association dedicated solely to the remodeling industry: contractors, builders, designers and supply chain partners/vendors. NARI helps you adapt to the pressures of a changing economy through industry intelligence, provides you a voice in Washington, increases your professionalism, and allows you to learn from your peers.
- Network with peers at local and national meetings and events
- Access exclusive member business tools
- Participate in awards recognizing excellence within the remodeling industry
- Take advantage of consumer awareness and marketing to homeowners
- Learn at NARI University and advance your craft with certifications
- Benefit from advocates for the remodeling industry at the national level with government through NARI on the hill
- Keep up to date with industry trends, statistics and information
- Use the NARI logo and tagline to alert your network that you are a professional
History of NARI
NARI’s roots go back to 1935 when President Roosevelt’s National Recovery Act established the beginnings of NERSICA (The North East Roofing, Siding and Insulation Contractors Association).
In 1956 President Eisenhower established Operation Home Improvement, a nationwide effort emphasizing the rehabilitation of existing housing rather than new construction. The National Home Improvement Council (N.H.I.C) emerged from this effort.
By the mid-1960s, NERSICA no longer reflected the membership of the growing industry and its name was changed to the National Remodelers Association (NRA).
In 1982, the National Remodelers Association and the National Home Improvement Council joined to establish the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI). Today, NARI has nearly 50 chapters nationwide and has members in 49 states. In 2000, NARI moved its national headquarters from Alexandria, Virginia, to Des Plaines, Illinois, and as the Voice of the Remodeling IndustryTM, continues to prosper.
History of EM NARI Chapter
The Eastern Massachusetts Chapter of NARI began in 1989. We serve members from the Greater Boston area, extending south to Rhode Island and north to southern New Hampshire. Our programs have grown, too, thanks to the dedicated Board Members and Committees. We are also fortunate to be one of the NARI Chapters with professional staff.