Getting Licensed


States regulate building and trades related to construction work and similar projects. Learn about licensing rules in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.

Certifications – To learn more on earning certification here.

  • Certified Remodeler
  • Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler
  • Certified Green Home Professional
  • Certified Remodeling Project Manager
  • Certified Lead Carpenter
  • Universal Design Certified Professional
  • Lead Safe
  • Energy Star
  • LEED

Insurance Recommendations

You should provide your clients with evidence of your Certificate of Liability Insurance. Your insurance company should provide this for you.

  • General Liability for Bodily Injury, Personal injury and property damage
  • Automobile Insurance covering business vehicles
  • Workers’ Compensation per state regulations